The South African Depression and Anxiety Group (SADAG) is hosting a FREE Online Support Group Leader Training Workshop.
If you, or someone you know, are interested in starting a Mental Health Support Group in your area, please register for our first webinar at http://bit.ly/ISGLT
This 6-part online series covers everything from:
- What a Support Group is
- Who should join or start a Support Group
- Training and preparing you to become a volunteer Support Group Leader
- Preparing your Support Group
- Launching your own Support Group
The webinars will take place, Wednesday Weekly from the 26 May - 30 June 2021
- Part 1: Wednesday 26 May 2021, 10am – 11am
- Part 2: Wednesday 2 June 2021, 10am – 11am
- Part 3: Wednesday 9 June 2021, 10am – 11am
- Part 4: Wednesday 16 June 2021, 10am – 11am
- Part 5: Wednesday 23 June 2021, 10am – 11am
- Part 6: Wednesday 30 June 2021, 10am – 11am
SADAG has over 160 Support Groups around the country that deal with depression, anxiety, trauma, chronic illness, bipolar disorder, as well as Support Groups specifically for family members and loved ones.
SADAG guides and trains new Support Group Leaders on running a group step-by-step. We help with training webinars, materials, handouts , information and more.
Mental illness affects many South Africans, so many people don’t know where to go for help or how to manage their Mental Health. Support Groups are a great resource reminding us that there is always hope and that you are not alone.